A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance.
We can all agree that laughter is a great medicine for stress relief.
Here are 6 reasons I’ve found why laughter improves one’s health:
1) Laughter relieves stress and tension for up to 45 minutes (and we all know stress is a big health crusher).
2) Laughter boosts the immune system by increasing immune cells and infection fighting antibodies which improves the bodies resistance to disease.
3) Increases endorphins released by your brain which result in feelings of well-being and pleasure.
4) Lowers blood pressure. This coexists with the first point because stress is a big culprit of most health issues. Laughter and a good diet can lower blood pressure.
5) Laughter works the abs because the stomach muscles expand and contract just like doing crunches.
6) Laughter improves cardiac health because it gets your heart pumping like in a work out. This is very important for those of us who can’t exercise due to illness or injury.
My kids and I have often watched Tim Hawkins videos to lighten up our moods when feeling blue. There is a difficulty in finding clean comedy in this day and age but Tim Hawkins is a Christian comedian whom I find hilariously funny. I have laughed with aching sides until I’ve cried. I love all types of humor whether dry, overt, covert, silly, slapstick, comedic, observational . . . love it all. (So long as it’s clean.)
My son is a bit of a comedian too and so is my brother. These two can impersonate just about anyone and will make me laugh so hard, I can’t breathe. 😂
This is one of our family favorites which gives a brief insight to Tim Hawkin’s kind of humor.
The grey kitty gets me every time!🐱😅